We are an Approved Welder Testing Agency
for the Los Angeles Dept.of Building & Safety (LADBS)
L.A. City Certified Welder
You may need Internet Explorer to use PayPal Buttons.
Click here to download from Microsoft
|Purchase Training Course & Study Materials|
To become an L.A city Certified Structural Welder:
1) Submit application to the City of Los Angeles, include check payment and photo. Download Welder License Application here.
2) Within a couple of weeks you will receive a confirmation letter with your exam date. The exam is done downtown L.A. at the Los Angeles Dept. of Building and Safety (LADBS) building on Figueroa St.
3) Schedule training for the written and practical tests. The written exam consists of two parts, general knowledge of welding processes, symbols, etc. (closed book test) and Code Book (open book).
It is necessary to have a copy of the AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code Book, which can be purchased on this webpage; you are required to bring this code book to the exam
Also, studying from a welding text book is recommended for the closed book test.
4) Take the written and practical test as outlined below:
The city of L.A. recommends the applicant take the written test before taking the practical welding test (read instructions in the application form and instructions download).
Written Exam Training:
The written exam is composed of two parts: Welding Theory and AWS Code Book.
You can become an L.A. City Certified Welder in any of the following:
1) AWS D1.1 Structural Welding Code/ Steel
2) AWS D1.2 Structural Welding Code/ Aluminum
3) AWS D1.3 Structural Welding Code/ Sheet Steel
4) AWS D1.4 Structural Welding Code/ Reinforcing Steel
5) AWS D1.6 Structural Welding Code/ Stainless Steel
Study material needed:
1) A general knowledge welding textbook (such as "Welding Principles and Applications" by Larry Jeffus).
2) The AWS Code Book applicable to the exam you are taking.
To purchase the Code Book use the PayPal button below.
To purchase a general knowledge welding textbook please visit ww.amazon.com or any other online bookstore. You may also purchase a textbook at any college bookstore where welding classes are offered.
To schedule training click here.
Practical Welder Training:
We offer individualized training for the pratical test at our training & testing facility in Lake Elsinore, CA. Classes are available every day of the week and can be scheduled to your convenience.
To schedule a class contact us.
The cost of the practical training may depend on the welder's skill level and welding experience. For cost information click here.
The practical test can be taken at our testing lab in the City of Lake Elsinore
Our lab is a City of Los Angeles Approved Welded Testing facility